8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” – Matthew 5:8 (ESV)
I’m a photographer with decent skills. As an artist, I use photography professionally, but I wouldn’t consider myself anything more than competent. To improve my images, I’ve been studying to understand more about the art of photography and it’s secrets.
I learned that masters like Henri Cartier-Bresson and Ansel Adams didn’t teach how to operate a camera. To them it was just a tool that could easily be understood and operated. They instead taught us “how to see” through the lens of the camera, and more importantly, how to see the world in a new way.
As a Pastor, I must teach you how to see and experience God and His world in a new way.
Let’s use the analogy of photography.
I hand you a very nice camera. When you pick it up, it feels really good in your hands, like it was made for you. You want to jump right in and learn how to operate it. You look around the camera body and notice how simple the design is: camera body, lens, viewfinder, screen on the back. But as you search for the on/off button you realize this camera has no buttons. None at all.
How do you operate a camera that has no buttons?
I explain to you that it’s a special camera that can only be operated by connecting to it. Connecting how, you ask? By connecting with your “being”, I further explain. You immediately give it back to me and say, “it sounds too complicated.” You’ll stick with the regular camera that has worked for you so far.
I take the camera back, take a picture with it and show it to you. You cannot believe how amazing the picture looks. The colors are so rich and beautiful. You look up and remark how you can’t even see what the camera was looking at with your own eyes. It must be fake.
So I point the camera at you and take your picture. When I show it to you, you’re overwhelmed with emotion. The image of yourself is like nothing you’ve seen before. With tears in your eyes, you’re thinking how is it possible to see yourself this way, like an angel.
Now you’re hooked, and want to learn all about it. But you still can’t understand how the camera can be operated without buttons. I explain that you are the operator. You have all the controls inside of you.
The camera is simply a devise that does nothing unless willed to do so. Only by you willing it to function can it turn on and take pictures. The more connected you are to the devise, the more functions are available. The camera also shoots video, meaning you can see the world in the same beautiful way, but in motion now. The camera also has “live view”. Keep it on and you can continually see through it’s lens in real time.
Sounds good, but the question remains how to connect to the camera to make it work? It’s easier than you think and begins with two simple steps:
- You must first believe that the camera exists.
- You must believe that the camera can be operated as described, with your being.
You MUST believe. If you cannot get this part you will never operate the camera no matter how you try. Many people claim to know how the camera works and how to teach you to use it. Others say the camera is a myth and that it’s magic, an illusion.
I exist to tell you that the camera is real and will forever change your life in infinite ways. I can get this camera to you free of charge and for as many people who want it. All you have to do is ask.
There is one very special feature for those who continue to use the camera diligently. You’ll want to, because once you experience the world this way you’ll never want to go back to your former way.
For the initiated, there will come a day when you won’t need the camera anymore. You’ll see and experience the world through God’s lens on your own. You’ll be a part of it, because you ARE the camera.
Instructions on how to use “Your Camera”:
- Your Bible is the instruction manual.
- Read the New Testament first and more than once. (The Old Testament is a hard read, take it slowly over time.)
- Don’t make the mistake of thinking that reading the Bible is enough. You must incorporate the teachings into yourself.
- All along, you must seek to connect with God to allow His Holy Spirit to be a part of you. You connect yourself to God by first believing in God, Christ and the Holy Spirit. NOTE: If you do not genuinely believe you will NOT connect.
- DON’T GIVE UP! Your first test will be how easy it is for you to throw in the towel.
- DO NOT let your faith waiver for any reason.
- OPERATIONAL TIP: Think of your faith as the charging unit for “Your Camera”. The more faith you have and the longer you have it connected, the more “Your Camera” will be charged.
- You’ll begin to see the world in glorious ways. As you become more familiar with the instructions, new functionality will emerge, like a video game that gives you more options as you progress through the levels.
- Finally, you are not a camera. What you are is a glorious instrument of God, connected to God through the power of Christ and the Holy Spirit. All it takes is a measure of faith as small as a mustard seed and you will indeed move mountains.
Image: Leica CL. Learn more at Leica Camera USA